Monday, March 30, 2009

Russ a fait quelque fromage

I am lucky to be married to someone who loves to cook. Which is great because I couldn't care beans if I ate every day or not. I normally just forget about food, seems like other things are more important.

Well Russ likes to eat, well. He likes to cook. A few posts back he made homemade marshmallows (they were good, and I HATE marshmallows).

His latest kick is making his own cheese. In Russell's fantasy land, he opens up a fine cheese and bread shop in Wimberley.

He made his first step today by making mozzarella cheese. It was delicious, better than the store (like his bread) and better than marshmallows. Perhaps my favorite thing he's made yet.

-Chow

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I am SO sad to have missed this culinary triumph.

Russ said...

Don't be sad, it was a practice run... I have the stuff for 30 more batches.