Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where did the Wilde's go?

We are not dead. We have been, well living life I guess.

For our anniversary we went to Jasper, Texas. Russ was there for 9 months of his mission and has not been back (it's been almost 10 years). We stayed at a B and B for 65 bucks a night.

A note on B & B's: I (Chow) love staying in them. I love staying in a room that has heart and history. It's fun to wake up in the morning and just go down stairs and have a homemade breakfast, made just for me.
Well this experience was right on target. The place we stayed in was built in the 1900's. When you walked in the room from the bathroom to the bed, you could feel the wood floor planks expand and contract beneath our feet. It was across the street from the courthouse and was just gorgeous. Really, I can't put in words how exceptional our stay in Jasper, Texas was.

After our stay we road tripped home through east Texas. I got to see all of Russ's areas. Then we went to the San Jacinto monument, which I feel makes me a full Texan.

Then we went to the gulf. Honestly, I can see how people have never left the state of Texas. It is such a diverse state. We went to the Kemah boardwalk and it felt like being at Fisherman's Warf. It was soo neat. We ate at the Aquarium and watched the sharks and sting rays swim next to us, and then looked out the window at the gulf.

At one point I saw some birds flying into the gulf and I said to Russ," Oh, look Russ seagulls". At that point the birds turned and I could see a profile view and I realized they were pelicans. So pretty.

No comments: