Monday, August 24, 2009

Day One

Went well. I should be sleeping, but couldn't help but write a brief note.

I have thus far enjoyed my law school experience. I was not called on today (tomorrow could be different).

Russ has taken great care of me. My face melted after I said goodbye to him tonight. We haven't parted voluntarily like this since... well I went to Hawai'i on my mission. Saying goodbye was so hard then- it was magnified so much today.

School is a sacrifice. I've seen it in my sibling's marriages and now I'm experiencing it.

And really any separation is. I can't imagine how it must be to be the wife of a solider and constantly be saying goodbye and looking forward to an unknown future.

Well. I better get some sleep. I'm sure I'll have nightmares of being asked to explain Battery tomorrow.

Here's a fav. photo of Russ and I to close this post:



2 comments:

Stacy said...

Awww. precious! Are you living in a different city or state than him? I'm confused... Or did you part for the day? You are going to do great Chow!

rxmilner said...

Hang in . . . it will be worth it in the end!