Monday, February 17, 2014

"Any day now!"

Listen folks, I'm pretty good at sharing when things happen in life- and I know what it feels like to have a kid. No need to remind.

But I realize my baby bump is the elephant in the room and you want to say something about it.

Well here's an update:

How far along are you?
About 34 weeks.

Total weight gain:
18 lbs.- 4 more and I'll weigh as much as I weighed when I delivered P.

Maternity Clothes?
yes. And I just bought a maternity bathing suit! Can't wait for my morning swim tomorrow and to not have to squeeze into my old swimming suit!


Stretch Marks?
No. And I haven't used that stupid expensive lotion either.
I think that stuff is a scam.

Best moment this week:
In regards to the pregnancy? Well I crave everything that's talked about. Orange juice, grape juice, hot dogs. But today I drank an epic PB Chocolate shake. That was cool.

Miss Anything?
Yes. Sleeping through the night. Sleeping on my stomach.
Running. Not having heart burn.

Movement:
This kid likes to push on my ribs for long periods of time. Lots of pressure, if you call that movement.

Food cravings:
Everything and anything that is talked about.

Anything making you queasy or sick?
The Walking Dead scene where the guy changes a baby's diaper in the middle of the zombie forest.
Heartburn.

Gender:
It's still a surprise! I'm getting a little nervous about it!

Symptoms:
I bump people with my belly regularly. In court, in the office, at church.
I am sometimes tired but sometimes have energy. I always have heartburn.
And then there's the daily contractions that keep me alert that labor and delivery will soon come to pass.

Belly Button in or out:
In. But dangerously close to out depending on how much I eat and where the baby is sitting.

Wedding rings on or off?
On and really loose! I've almost lost them a few times!

Happy or Moody most of the time?
Happy. But I cry pretty easy.

Looking forward to:
Finding out who this little person is- boy/girl and what their name is.
Watching LOST during late night feedings.
The moms visiting... eventually.
Helping P understand her new role as big sister.

I guess I'm pretty excited! But also nervous. I don't have a thing set up at home. I just feel like it's too early. But I have prepped my work through July so nothing falls through the cracks at work.
Maybe in the next few weeks I'll get the home stuff together.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Great update! So excited for you guys!

Becky said...

That's awesome! Congrats Chow! :)
By the way, something totally random....my son is in your nieces 2nd grade class. We got a list of everyone's names in the class for Valentines (so we could properly label things) and I noticed that a little girl is named Charmaine Milner in his class! I happened to see this little girl and her Mom at Parent Teacher Conferences and asked if you all were related. Small world! Good luck with baby number two :)