Friday, October 8, 2010

Mumford and Sons

I am behind just about a thousand posts on here. I've tried to blog about the State Fair but my pictures have had a tough time uploading. As I drove home from Waco to San Marcos today, I mentally wrote three blogs:
1. Choosing Suicide
2. How I Know the Nation is Dumber

However, I've chosen to table these blogs, and the state fair, to deal with an immediate matter. The immediate matter of Mumford and Sons. They have a fierce grip on my heart that I have felt since the Decemberists and The Crane Wife songs.

This whole flirtation with Mumford began a few months back on the blog I read. They posted one of their videos. Mmmm. I was interested.

Then a few days later... they were on KGSR (For you Utahns, it's just about the coolest radio station ever. Don't believe me? Click the link).
I turned it up and made Russ be quiet. It was "Sleep Little Lion Man". I felt fire in my bones.

THEN they were on NPR! And if you go to iTunes you can get their radio edit of "Sleep Little Lion Man" for free (It's the 6/1/10 download, or #22 on the list).

But tonight I fell in love with them. I was watching My Generation, a show that I was just loving but got the axe from ABC and this song was in the closing scene musical montage. And that was it. I broke down and bought the whole album on iTunes (um... it was $9). And I feel in love again. Just listen to this song- the whole way through- and tell me what you think. Maybe I'm crazy.
But I love Mumford and Sons.







For those of you not keen on listening, here are the lyrics that I love:

Serve God love me and mend 
This is not the end
Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, 
It will set you free 
Be more like the man you were made to be.
 There is a design, An alignment to cry, Of my heart to see, 
The beauty of love as it was made to be

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Diggin' the tunes and looking forward to your other promised posts!