Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Cookie in a Cookie

I saw this recipe on Picky Palate (courtesy of José) and thought I would give it a try.
Here's how it turned out:



They turned out to be HUGE.
I think it is because I used Double Stuf Oreos.

They were very rich (drink with Milk!)
But also very delicious!!!

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookiesrecipe from Picky Palate
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 package Oreo cookies – I used Double Stuf
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the wet mixture and combine thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough for 15 minutes to make it easier to work with and to keep the dough from spreading when baking.
Using a cookie scoop place one scoop of dough on top of an Oreo cookie. Place another single scoop on the bottom of the Oreo to create a cookie sandwich. Seal the edges together to completely close in the Oreo.
Place the balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Picky Palate's recipes are always the ultimate in indulgence. Your cookies look fantastic. Two cookies in one just can't be beat. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-2.html

Stefanie Eskander said...

Oh wow Chow...I am SOOOOO craving these cookie treats.... my big weakenesses.... Oreos and chocolate chip cookies, and butter, I will just have to dream about them!

Victoria Anne said...

MUST MAKE THOSE FOR YOUR PREGNANT FRIEND!
<3 love ya

Chow said...

@ Lisa: I loved checking out the link party! I might steal some recipes from there. But I feel like cheating if I were to post pictures of a cookie from Picky Palate.

@ Stefanie: They are delicious. I say indulge yourself when you've had a bad day!!!

@ Super Stephens: I just might make you some today!!! It depends on if I get that far down on my to-do list. LOVE YOU TOO!!!