Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Trippin' in Utah

My lovely mother volunteered to fly me to Utah the first week in August, in order to attend a retreat with my sister. Not one to pass up time with my sister, or to pass up free airfare, I went. I stayed in Utah for 10 days and got to see a lot of family and a few dear friends. Overall, I had a blast and I'm very grateful for my mom for paying for the plane ride! THANKS!!!!

And now, some pictures of my adventures:

My nephew, Baby Joe. He's the cutest and kindest child I've ever met.

Tickle fight on my sister-in law. She was outnumbered.

Ok, so bad picture of my best friend (she doesn't read this anyway : D )
But aren't those boys cute? Baby Joe and Kalum playing the piano.

Uncle Shane and Aaliayh enjoying some story time we shared.
Always fun to exchange stories... or maybe this is when Steph and I sang songs from Girl's Camp?
BANANA SALUTE!

Lorraine and I at the retreat. Yes, we look like dorks.
But we'd just had a class about how to be poised or something.
This is our attempt.

My mom came and stayed at the hotel with us.
We played a lot of games and we even had matching pj's.
Good times.

After our makeovers.
I'm not crazy about what she did to my hair, but it was fun!

Riding around in a limo while at the retreat.
Lorraine spread out and relaxed.
It had neon lights and a playlist of the Backstreet Boys.
Oh to be in the raging 90's again!

Here are these cute boys again.
Baby Joe and Kalum painting.
So cute together.

Aaliyah, Bobbi, and Charmaine making the Welcome sign for the family reunion.

We had a teenager take this- hence it looks bad.
Joe, Crystal, and myself at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
A family tradition.

And Lastly, breakfast at Ruth's Diner with my high school friend and college roommate, Molly.
And my high school friend, Brady.
Plus their daughter and a nephew.
Good times, good reunion.

I couldn't have asked for a better visit to Utah! There are a lot of people I wanted to see, or that wanted to see me- but it just didn't work out. I was sort of sad about this at first. But I try to remember, "Those who want to stay in your life, will find a way to stay in your life." So hopefully I can see them next time I'm up. Or perhaps a visit to Texas will be in store (Cassie, I'm talking to you...)

1 comment:

All Because two people fell in love said...

That pic of us at the temple really does look yucky. next time we will have to take it before we go in when there is still light! :)