The past two months have been busy. Let me explain:
- Took the bar exam
- Started a new job
- Went to Canada
- Went to Utah
- Had LASIK eye surgery
- Planned a dinner for 180 people
I hope to take the time to blog about most of these events. Actually, some I've already blogged about- like the bar exam.
And some things I won't mention much about- like my job- just because I'd like to keep this blog FUN!
So I guess that leaves two trips and an eye surgery to blog about! (no one wants to read about a dinner planning!)
More to come! Life is good!
I think what I want to blog about a bit now is- for the lack of better phrasing- "the kind of mom I am"
It hit me at the park tonight, that there are types of "moms"
What sparked this thought? Well, P was nibbling on the swing. And I didn't stop her.
I thought for a second, "I should be really worried about germs right now!"
Then I thought, "Well, she's not sucking on dirt or something people walk on"
So I just made faces with her and giggled, and thought about how I wasn't a "hygiene mom".
And I think here's the kind of "mom" I am. More to be discovered, I'm sure as P gets older. But here's what I got so far:
- I'm not a germ-a-phobe mom.
- I must play with P for an hour after work. I'm a mom that plays.
- I'm a tv-nuetral mom. Not one of those moms who avoids children and tv in the same room until they're 2 or whatever. But P had yet to watch anything on TV.
- I am not a organic all-natural mom. I am a go-with-the-flow mom. Do your best and don't guilt-trip over the rest.
- I am not a social mom. This is really apparent from P's school. I don't like to sit and mom-chat. I think I've rubbed some class-moms the wrong way because of this. But... sorry. I'd rather get my girl home and play with her than chat diaper brands with you.
- I am a selectively-selfish mom. I don't mind some folks holding and loving on my girl. But there are some people that I just want to say, "Please don't ever touch her. Just admire from afar." It's not consistent at all though. So... I think this trait is still in development.
I think that's all I have right now.