Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hello, Blog

I know I'm in and out and in and out of blogging. But I shall not give up.

The past two months have been busy. Let me explain:


  • Took the bar exam
  • Started a new job
  • Went to Canada
  • Went to Utah
  • Had LASIK eye surgery
  • Planned a dinner for 180 people
I think that's it. I mean, aside from the day to day stuff.

I hope to take the time to blog about most of these events. Actually, some I've already blogged about- like the bar exam.

And some things I won't mention much about- like my job- just because I'd like to keep this blog FUN!

So I guess that leaves two trips and an eye surgery to blog about! (no one wants to read about a dinner planning!)

More to come! Life is good!


-----
I think what I want to blog about a bit now is- for the lack of better phrasing- "the kind of mom I am"

It hit me at the park tonight, that there are types of "moms"

What sparked this thought? Well, P was nibbling on the swing. And I didn't stop her.

I thought for a second, "I should be really worried about germs right now!"

Then I thought, "Well, she's not sucking on dirt or something people walk on"

So I just made faces with her and giggled, and thought about how I wasn't a "hygiene mom".

And I think here's the kind of "mom" I am. More to be discovered, I'm sure as P gets older. But here's what I got so far:


  • I'm not a germ-a-phobe mom.
  • I must play with P for an hour after work. I'm a mom that plays.
  • I'm a tv-nuetral mom. Not one of those moms who avoids children and tv in the same room until they're 2 or whatever. But P had yet to watch anything on TV.
  • I am not a organic all-natural mom. I am a go-with-the-flow mom. Do your best and don't guilt-trip over the rest.
  • I am not a social mom. This is really apparent from P's school. I don't like to sit and mom-chat. I think I've rubbed some class-moms the wrong way because of this. But... sorry. I'd rather get my girl home and play with her than chat diaper brands with you. 
  • I am a selectively-selfish mom. I don't mind some folks holding and loving on my girl. But there are some people that I just want to say, "Please don't ever touch her. Just admire from afar." It's not consistent at all though. So... I think this trait is still in development.
I think that's all for now. Kind of funny to me though. I used to be a social butterfly. But now I just don't care as much. Well, c'est la vie!


I think that's all I have right now.

1 comment:

MaryPosa said...

I am so glad you are not a germ-a-phobe mom. Those moms scare me the most, and ALWAYS seem to have the sickest kids. Kids are supposed to play in the dirt, it's how immune systems are built.
I'm surprised sometimes at the type of mom I'm turning out to be, but even after 6 years I'm still figuring things out. I'm so glad you posted, It's lovely to hear from you. I miss you Chow!!