Sunday, October 14, 2012

What I like About Utah

Aside from being inhabited by some great family and friends, there's not much I love about Utah. Okay, well Northern Utah. I am a Southern Utahn all the way.

But Northern Utah? Specifically Salt Lake or any of the surrounding areas? Yuck. People, people everywhere. Roads. Development. Cars. Traffic. Billboards. Businesses. Hustle. Bustle.

To lossely quote a Dixie Chicks song, "I need wide open spaces..."

Hence, my love for Southern Utah. And for Texas.

BUT! There is now one picture that makes me think fondly of the Salt Lake Area:


I love these people. They're Texans.

They were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and it was one of the most sacred events I have ever witnessed. Can't even share it much because it's a private little gem, a glimpse of eternal bliss that you'd just would have had to be there to understand. Oh, it was wonderful.

And for those not in the know, Yes, She is wearing a beautiful purple dress instead of the traditional temple white wedding dress.
Further, Yes, she's pregnant!

I love this couple for all the good times we've shared. But I also love their swaggy style that shakes of the traditional notions of how we all think things are supposed to look. 

What I also like about Utah are these people:


This is Phoenix walking with her Uncle Ryan.


And this is my "twin" cousin and his son. Wasn't sure I'd see this guy again after a tough illness he fought this spring and summer. But here he is. And now I'm the chubbier one out of the two of us! HA!
So good to see him and to have our kids meet.

There really should be more pics from this trip. but it was short, fast, and wonderful.

Utah, I love you.... well most of you.

And I'll see you in a while. I don't know when.


1 comment:

All Because two people fell in love said...

Did you not have any pics of me to to put on your blog of people you love? Im sure this little oversight wont happen again. :)