Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Sad Thought

Today in primary we had a special sharing time presentation with the Primary Presidency and little musical numbers intertwined.

It was so special. I really felt the Spirit. And I really do love these precious little children.

Just at the peak of my joy, I thought, somewhere in this world, there is a Primary missing Emilie Parker.

And my heart broke.

In the same breath let me just say that the US has a mental health epidemic. What happened at Sandy Hook Elementary has more to do with mental health and the poor services we have available to those in need than it does with guns.

Crazy always finds a way-- that is something John Stewart said after Gabby Giffords was shot.

And it is true.

We need to teach people how to work through anger and, if necessary, get help from professionals for their mental health issues.

I promise to be more cheery on Christmas eve. But for now I am a bit sad at the loss of so many young lives. And that, as a nation, we are barking up the wrong tree to solve the problem.


No comments: