Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Music

What's your favorite Christmas song? (this is a somewhat rhetorical question. But you can tell me if you really want to)
For me, there are SO many I love. Yes, I'm one of those people who start missing Christmas around... June. And I have different favorites for the different aspects of Christmas. My favorite is "Stille Nacht" by Mannheim Steamroller.




But my favorite Christmas album is Celine Dion's Christmas CD. Yes, I secretly love Celine Dion (don't tell Russ). And it's sort of cultured... the last song is in French!


But this year I've discovered a new favorite. Russ and I have been fans of this band since undergrad. And recently, thanks in part to Qrank, we've discovered why many think this is the best Christmas song ever:


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a sidenote, there are some AWFUL song lyrics in Christmas songs. The one that comes to mind for me right now is from "The Little Drummer Boy" and it goes like this:

The ox and lamb kept time pah-rum-pum-pum-pum

As if the song isn't fictional enough... the animals know how to keep musical time? I drawn the line at.

Oh, and if you think of any, do share! I love me some bad Christmas lyrics.

No comments: