Saturday, December 4, 2010

Farewell to Wallace

Do you remember this post?

Well, as of this morning, the guard frog has passed on to frog heaven.

I had a hair appointment scheduled for 9 am this morning and OF COURSE I was running late. I zoomed out of the garage, down the driveway and to Hair Fitness. When I returned I saw a bloody, big, dead Wallace on my driveway. Here's the gruesome proof:



I sat in the driveway for a few minutes trying to decide what to do. You see, I'm not very good around blood. Or dead things. In undergrad I took an anatomy class and passed out the first day of class when they rolled out the lady cadaver. I get dizzy just thinking about that.

Well, I finally decided to just park, go inside, and call Russ to come clean it up. I was completely nauseated and dry heaved even though I hadn't eaten yet. Lucky for Russ the missionaries had called and left a message, so I quickly I returned their call and asked for their help. They needed me to print up a baptismal program so I didn't feel bad asking them for help. I mean they had to come get the program anyway. So Russ was spared from cleaning up the frog (Russ also informed me that he would not have come home for this. So I guess it was really just lucky for me.)

Now- a moment to reflect on what this did to my relationship with the missionaries. On my mission we occasionally had a bizarre request from someone on how to help. Often we would just laugh about it, help the person out and move on. Well, I am now one of 'those people'. One of those people who made a crazy request of the missionaries. But I'll be honest. I truly needed their help.

Back to the story. The missionaries came over and I had the bleach, a bag, and a scrubby for them to clean up the crime scene. Like I said, it was bloody. I tried to be nice and talk with them while they cleaned up the frog but I kept dry heaving and getting dizzy. I think in the end it made me even crazier.

But thanks missionaries.

Goodbye Wallace.


Oh- and I did get to my hair appointment on time. So... at least Wallace's death was not entirely in vain.

No comments: