Thursday, April 14, 2011

Purple Nails

Note: Probably not the most fascinating post ever, but it's a new experience for me. I wanted to remember it.


Believe it or not, this is the longest my fingernails have ever been.

Here's why: I've got this skin problem called eczema. That's a fancy word for having really dry skin on the inside of your joints. It has plagued me since I was a child. I would scratch my skin until I would bleed (ouch!). So my mom always kept my nails short. Then I always kept my nails short. Short as in to the nubs.

Well, then I started Practice Court. Where I would forget to eat/sleep/breath and other necessities of life (some of you know what I'm talking about). Along with this, I forgot tot cut my nails. So for the first time in my life I've had nails that I can do something with! (Although it makes it difficult to play the guitar).

Being in my 20's and having my nails for the first time has been fun. I sort of feel like Wolverine, I have these weapons ready at anytime. (Yeah, I bet most of you think this sounds weird. But remember this is my first time having sharp nails!) Last night I decided to paint them purple for spring. I guess to celebrate actually having something more than a nub to paint.

1 comment:

All Because two people fell in love said...

Chow this is one of the funniest post you have put up in a looooong time!!! Plus i love purple so you get an A++ on this post. :) xoxoxo