Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

What I wanted:
  • rest & sleep
  • feeling like I make a difference in my Church callings
  • Good food
  • A little exercise
  • time with family, friends, and laughter
What I got:
  • I slept in and got a nap in after church (never happens!)
  • A young girl who hasn't been to church in over a year came today (on no account of my own, beyond my being mindful of her and praying on her behalf...still, it's something)
  • Eggs Benedict in Bed, Russ' Split Pea Soup for Lunch, and the Spanglish sandwich for Dinner. (plus blue bell ice cream!)
  • Family walk for a mile and a half! Better than nuttin' on Sunday
  • Dinner with my family and friends, laughing together when one of the babies licked a chip off the ground where the dog had just licked. 
So perfect. Finishing it off with an episode of Fringe.

No comments: