Sunday, May 5, 2013

Random Thoughts

A few thoughts on my mind since I last blogged (which was like 2 hours ago):

Conversation with one of my seminary students, who also mows my lawn & babysits for me and stuff:

Me: Can you mow the lawn today (Saturday)
Him: No, but I can tomorrow.
Me: No, tomorrow is Sunday.
Him: I'll just bring my family with me and then do it.
Me: No. It's not just about being with your family. It's about keeping the sabbath day holy.
Him: .... (looks puzzled)
Me: On the seventh day God rested. He wasn't secretly making flowers somewhere. He was resting.

Him: (gets it) Oh, yeah. Well maybe he was, you just need to read inbetween the lines and it says he was.

*Cracks me up!*

--------------------------------------

Best Movie I've seen this year? Hmmm... I think "Beasts of the Southern Wild"

Just watched it again (it's short)

The movie is beautiful poetry.

Here's my favorite line from it:

Hushpuppy: When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard, it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece in a big, big universe. And that makes things right. 



2 comments:

Cassie said...

Got to say, hated every minute of Beasts of the Southern Wild. Maybe its because I work with people in poverty... but not a lick about that was appealing to me. Had to turn it off.

Chow said...

Sad Cassie! Living in the south, I loved it! It seemed like poetry to me!

The end is the best. Some of the middle stuff... meh.