Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Natural Canadian in Me

I've been told by a few of my friends at law school that I'm "so nice". That if they were president, I would be the "ambassador of kindness".

Now, I don't mind these comments. They're a compliment. But the thing is, I'm not trying to be nice. Really, I'm not. In fact, a lot of the time I'm trying to be serious and professional. But somehow it comes off as "nice".

There must be some way to reign this in. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that it is just part of who I am. I am half Canadian. Canadians are the nicest people on earth. I don't know if I can shake this niceness bug. It's sort of haunting.

My fortune cookie from lunch today said this:

"Other people appreciate your generosity"


I wanted to say, "But fortune cookie, I'm not even trying!" So I guess I just have to accept it. Or maybe that will be my New Year's Resolution. In reality, it's not that bad of a trait to have. There are plenty of mean and cold people in this world. Why should I try to be one of them? And I wonder what would happen if I tried to be nice? Hmm....


1 comment:

Hilary said...

Like I said....one of the nicest people I know!