Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ten Days of Gratitude-Day 3

Where would we be today without the outstanding individuals of the past? Would we have a Constitution without John Locke's 2nd Treatise on Civil Government? History again and again shows us that an idea, a life, a decision of one person can influence the future. My life has changed, who I am has changed, thanks to many people gone before.

Today, I am thankful for people who do good things, make tough decisions, and make the world a better place. It makes me want to be better.



"All you need is LOVE." -John Lennon


"In deep disappointment I have wept over the laxity of the church. But be assured that my tears have been tears of love. There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love" -Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


"Every calling is great when greatly pursued."Oliver Wendell Holmes (Supreme Court Justice for all my non-law school friends)





"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons"- Sir Winston Churchill 

(recently read a biography about him. He's amazing)



Ghandi- "Be the change you wish to see in the world"


No comments: